Back to News
Delivery of COVID vaccinations in Primary Care
Posted on 14 Apr 2021
Brecon Medical Group Practice is working with Powys Teaching Health Board to roll out the COVID-19 vaccination to our registered patients.
Powys Teaching Health Board has already begun public vaccination through their mass vaccination centres in Bronllys and Newtown, and in Builth Wells from 11 January. Invitations are being sent by the health board to patients aged 80 and over, and all patients aged 80 and over should expect to receive their invitation during January. They have also begun vaccination for care home residents, and for frontline health & care workers.
In addition to the health board’s vaccination centres, we are hopeful that we will be able to offer appointments from week commencing 25th January. We are still currently awaiting confirmation on quantities of vaccine to be supplied.
In the meantime please do not contact the surgery regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. You will be contacted to make an appointment.
Invitations will be sent to patients based on the national priority list in the following order:
- People aged 80 years and over
- People 75 years of age and over
- People 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals ("shielding")
- People 65 years of age and over
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- People 60 years of age and over
- People 55 years of age and over
- People 50 years of age and over
We will keep you updated with further developments as soon as we can.