Please wait to be contacted about your COVID-19 booster. Your invitation will normally be from the health board and up to 8 months after your second dose.
People who are due to receive a booster and who meet the national eligibility criteria set by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation will be called automatically for a booster.
Booster invitations will normally be received between 6 to 8 months after the second dose.
So, if you had your second dose on 31 March you should expect a booster invitation by 30 November.
Please do not contact the practice or the health board about your booster. Please wait to be contacted.
Based on UK-wide guidance the following people will be invited for a booster:
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19, and adult carers
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
If you are not in these categories you will not be invited for a booster.
More information about the booster programme in Powys is available from the heath board website at www.pthb.nhs.wales/covid-vaccine.
Please do not contact the practice or the health board about a booster appointment except in response to your invitation letter.